Expert Knife Kit – Pinecone Bowie
In The Box
- 8A Steel Bowie Blade (13" overall)
- Slotted Brass Guard
- 3 Brass Pins
- Stablized Pinecone Handle scales
- 2-Ton Epoxy
- Die-cut Sheath Leather
- Screwpost Rivets (x9)
- Gel Superglue
- Stud Rivet
- Instruction Booklet
How It Ships
- Orders placed by noon PST will ship out same day
- Choose your delivery date at checkout
Blades of Glory
Despite what you might’ve heard from a certain popular 80s film, the Bowie knife isn’t an Australian invention at all. It was made popular by famous knife fighter Jim Bowie in the state of Arkansas. Which shouldn’t really be a surprise. It makes sense that a place with “saw” in the name would be known for the quality of their blades.
This Bowie knife measures 13” in length, and clocks in at a solid 58 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale. That’s longer than many human forearms and harder than The Rock’s biceps. Its handle is composed of gorgeous pine cone, stabilized in marbled resin, for a knife with a style as sharp and unique as its blade.
The Expert Knife Kit – Pine Cone Bowie gives any man the chance to craft this beautiful knife with his bare hands. So...we call this a knife? Yeah, we do. But only because “high grade, built-to-last, blade of glory” was a bit of a mouthful.
Note: This kit is designed for more experienced knife builders who already own the necessary tools (including a vise, rasp and file, and a 3/16” drill bit). If he doesn’t have those tools already, be sure to add-on the Projects Tool Set during checkout.
- We’ve written a detailed instruction booklet that’ll guide him through the entire knife-building process, accurately and safely. Because holding a knife’s easier when you still have all your fingers.
- The kit also includes the supplies and instructions to construct a beautiful, vegetable-tanned leather sheath.
- Though we tried hard to make it work, our engineers tell us it’s impossible to include the necessary elbow grease in the box. He’ll need to supply that himself.