Scrimshaw Knife Kit
In The Box
- Boker Gents Lockback White Knife
- Scrimshaw Kit Includes:
- Steel Wool
- Renaissance Wax, .25 oz
- Higgins Black Ink
- Lansky Dual Grit Sharpener
- Scrimshaw Scribe
- Golf Pencil
- Cotton Tip Applicators
- 4 Carbon Sheets, 2"x4"
- Practice Micarta Ivory, 1/8"x2.5"x5"
- Vellum Paper Stencil
NOTE: Scrimshaw Knife Kit does not ship in a crate.
How It Ships
- Orders placed by noon PST will ship out same day
- Choose your delivery date at checkout
Etch His Sketch
Working as a sailor has always been the most affordable way to see the world. But between ports, there's an awful lot of ocean to look at. And nary a jacuzzi, casino, or mini-golf course on deck. With plenty of free time on their hands, sailors got hands-on, making a mark with personalized knife handles.
The art of carving designs into bone knife handles is known as scrimshawing. It takes a steady hand and strong discipline, much like the seamanship required to steer a vessel through a white squall with 20-foot swells.
The Scrimshaw Knife Kit supplies the knife, tools, and instructions to make sure his maiden voyage is smooth sailing.
Scrim a Little Off the Sides
- The Boker Traditional Series Gentleman's Lockback Knife has a high-quality stainless steel blade and a white bone handle that's begging for an etching.
- A soup-to-nuts batch of scrimshawing supplies will set him up for success. There's a metal scribe, Higgins Black Ink, Renaissance Wax—even a slab of Micarta practicin' ivory.
- The Lansky Dual Grit Sharpener gets right to the point, whether he's sharpening his blade, fishing hooks, or his wit. Maybe not that last one.